Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

rough t-shirt idea numero uno... :)

Last post 25-05-2007, 6:56 AM by Anonymous. 13 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-05-2007, 9:58 PM 965

rough t-shirt idea numero uno... :)

Hello people!

Here's the first installment of possible t-shirt designs! I started with the footprint one...it didn't really come out on paper how it looked in my head, it might be a bit fiddly for a t-shirt... I have some ideas for how to change it, maybe have the footprints on a bigger scale, and do something to make the uni stand out a bit more, and find a way to squeeze a sheep in there somewhere - anyway, any ideas from you guys would be rad!

I'm going to try to do rough versions like this of all the ideas we had at the meeting so we can pick the one that looks the best and then do a posh version! (though I'm dreading having to draw all those damn little footprints again if that one gets picked :) ) But it might take a while, so patience grasshopper!

peace, love and pre-loved red speedos,

Jenny :) 

**damn it I can't work out how to attach photos! How'd you get that bushball one on Annabel???!!

***these are separate pics by the way - I thought if we ended up going with something like this we could have one front, one back :) ***

Filed under:
  •  12-05-2007, 9:58 AM 968 in reply to 965

Re: rough t-shirt idea numero uno... :)

Craig Ryburn
    Filed under:
  •  12-05-2007, 1:24 PM 970 in reply to 965

Hey Jenny

That looks awesome- I so wish I could draw like you! The footprints on New Zealand look real cool, but yeah would be good having the uni bit stand out a bit more like you said!! Cheers for all the time you're putting into this, ooh and the Bushball posters are looking awesome too!!

Annabel

PS: I have no idea how to attach photos either but fortunately there are more onto it people than me who can add stuff in!! (cheers Craig!!)

•  12-05-2007, 10:44 PM 971 in reply to 965

Second batch of t-shirt ideas...

Here's the second lot... for all you AC/DC fans out there! Though again I'm not sure that it'd make a good tshirt... the sheep doesn't look rockstarish enough for a start! And just maybe the fact that we're a tramping club is a bit sidelined...! :)

I'm going to have to hope that Craigus succumbs to my charms and puts these pics up too!

Filed under:
  •  13-05-2007, 2:56 AM 974 in reply to 971

Re: Second batch of t-shirt ideas...

these rock jenny - keep up the good work!

Craig

Craig Ryburn
    Filed under:
  •  14-05-2007, 7:48 PM 979 in reply to 968

Hey Jenny,

I love that design. Let's get it on some t-shirts. I'll take one now!

Scott.

•  14-05-2007, 7:55 PM 981 in reply to 965

lovin the pics as always jenny! how those sheep intestines comin'   ;-)
    Jess Clark
    Filed under: ,
  •  14-05-2007, 11:33 PM 985 in reply to 965

Yay, that's damn good, Jenny!!! The sheep really rocks! (And my stomach still hurts due to laughing my head off...) For a t-shirt, I'd prefer the footprints, though. That's just marvellous!

How about leaving the uni aside (that's what the tramping club is about, aye?) and heaving a larger (green?) sheep instead, approx. at the position of Wellington? I'd suggest to have NZ at the front and "VUWTC" at the back. Both "logos" could be connected with a line of footprints. Maybe sheep-footprints :-) ? Don't forget your personal logo / initials - because it's YOUR fabulous work.

Keep us updated!

Cheers,

Nicolai

•  16-05-2007, 2:44 PM 1010 in reply to 985

I like that foot print stuff very much! Great Work!

However, I think it's better to have the map on the back as it looks better if it's huge and the back provides more space.

•  17-05-2007, 12:36 PM 1019 in reply to 1010

Hey Jenny, like everyone else I just love these!!

I really like the NZ one too and like the idea of it on the front...hey and your innials are a must as you'll be famous one day! :o)

I hope to see you around...maybe at bush ball???

sarah

•  17-05-2007, 10:08 PM 1046 in reply to 1019

Hey yeh I really like the word in footprints - its great how its so random with footprints all muddled up going in every direction. Somehow it seems to represent the club a bit better than the neat ordered (but still very pretty) ones in the nz pic :)

Maybe could combine it with the logo something like below? Apologise for my crude editing, it was just to give the general idea! But if could get the mountains outlined a bit darker to match the words, and maybe have the sheep doing something else it could be very cool! Just another idea anyway...

Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
    Filed under: ,
  •  18-05-2007, 6:54 AM 1048 in reply to 1046

Thanks for the primo feedback peoples!

I'm trying to do more, but the powers that be at uni just have no respect for the t-shirt needs of trampers and keep giving me assignments - usually involving barnacles

:) See you all at bushball!!

•  24-05-2007, 3:48 PM 1186 in reply to 1048

Hey Jenny,

How are the barnacles doing? (Or was it Bernacles? -Who the...) Anyway. After sucessful spawning (of thoughts) and a handfull of survivors they might have been able to find a suitable habitat by now! :) - So let them settle down and molt into the juvenile stage!

- Sorry for being impatient. Just can't wait to get the new tee! What about getting some nice large prints (well, DIN-A 4 standard size would do) and let people vote for the final design? I still prefer the NZ silhouette as that is just really cool and fancy but I could understand if some might find that somewhat too patriotic (since "patriot" comes from "patria" and "idiot"). But hey, it's a really nice shape, anyway!

What about including a bunch of sheep bouncing around on their foreheads? Naaaaah, just joking.

Cheers,

Nicolai

•  25-05-2007, 6:56 AM 1187 in reply to 1186

a few more weeks and I'll have a couple more candidate designs, promise!!

You of all people should be good at being patient, with your microscopic larvae studies and having the little rotters shun your tuffies!   : )

But I am on the case since a couple of my t-shirts are threatening to disintegrate from overuse...as are my beloved jeans - I have to put patches on the pockets now cos my keys and wallet fell into my socks the other day : ( but I reckon they've got a few years left!

Peace and love and crispy (but gooey on the inside) rhubarb crumble

jenny

Filed under:
View as RSS news feed in XML