Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Turakirau Head Bouldering 15th April

Last post 11-04-2012, 5:18 PM by ginawaibl. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-04-2012, 11:30 AM 6292

Turakirau Head Bouldering 15th April

This Sunday we will be going to Turakirau Head for some bouldering. We will be driving to the Wainuiomata Coast and walking for about 45mins where there are plenty of boulders to climb around on.

Meet: Hunter Carpark, Sunday 15th April, 9:30am

Bring: Climbing shoes, chalk, bouldering mat (if you have them), lunch, something to drink, sunscreen, warm clothes/jacket. I have a spare pair of size ~40 rock shoes if anyone needs a pair, and there are some in the gear shed if you let me know enough in advance.

Cost: $5 to $10 to your driver depending on how many people we get per car.

If anyone has a guide book or other info, let me know, and bring it along.

Let me know if you’re keen by Saturday and I can arrange from there. It will be first in first served for seats in cars, and if we don’t have enough cars there is the option of taking the bus to Wainuiomata and I can shuttle people from there.

The trip will only go ahead if the weather forecast is reasonable – I will email anyone that has expressed interest on Friday to confirm.

We’ll stay out there for as long as people want to climb and return when your driver wants to go home -  expect to get back to Wellington late afternoon or early evening.

Gina

021 121 9002

gina.f.waibl@mwhglobal.com
  •  11-04-2012, 5:18 PM 6293 in reply to 6292

Re: Turakirau Head Bouldering 15th April

Here is a link to a guide of the area to get you inspired Smile:

http://powerband.org.nz/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/bronx-sector-guide_2012_competition-edition_2.pdf

Gina

021 121 9002

gina.f.waibl@mwhglobal.com
View as RSS news feed in XML