Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Gottlieb-Erica Alpine Scholarship for Aspiring Women Alpinists

Last post 15-11-2010, 11:59 AM by Richard. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-11-2010, 4:05 PM 5663

Gottlieb-Erica Alpine Scholarship for Aspiring Women Alpinists

To celebrate the life and climbs of Erica Beuzenberg and Gottlieb Braun-Elwert, the Erica-Gottlieb Trust wish to contribute a financial scholarship towards the alpine instruction of an aspiring young women climber.

To apply, you must be female, under thirty years old and passionate about mountaineering. The scholarship is available to NZAC members and non-members.

Does this sound like anyone in the club? i can think of a few, anyone who came on the AICs, has a good tramping or climbing background and lives in NZ and is keen to learn and get out there. What im thinking is that a formal, guided course would be a great way to get you the skills to climb some grade 3 (and beyond!) summits like Aspiring, Cook, Malte Brun, Elie de Beuamont, Minarets etc. And if you're into it, some pitched grade 5ish stuff next winter with me!

The club has traditionally pushed out one or two first class Alpinists a year and if you want to be the next Terra then this is for you!

Have a look here for more details

http://alpineclub.org.nz/news/2010/gottlieb-erica-alpine-scholarship-for-aspiring-women-alpinists 

And if you're a dude! then go find a mentor, get fit tramping, hang out at wyn erwin hut, go on Dave's Mt Aspiring trip and did i mention get fit tramping? How about Ruapehu & Ngarahoe in a day from Turoa- Mangatepopo hut?  

President 2011
    Filed under:
  •  11-11-2010, 11:57 AM 5664 in reply to 5663

Re: Gottlieb-Erica Alpine Scholarship for Aspiring Women Alpinists

4 volcanoes in 24 hrs would be a good summer trip if anyone is keen.

Turoa-Ketethai traverse next winter.....

Richie
  •  12-11-2010, 1:23 PM 5667 in reply to 5664

There will certainly be a 3 summits trip early next year and, richard, do you ski? I'd love to tour the 3 summits in a day next winter/spring
    President 2011
  •  15-11-2010, 11:59 AM 5669 in reply to 5667

yeah I ski badly......

so count me in!

Richie
View as RSS news feed in XML