Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Gourmet Extravaganza!

Last post 23-04-2010, 3:31 PM by Amelia. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  19-04-2010, 6:11 PM 5167

Gourmet Extravaganza!

The trip this weekend is a gourmet tramp (actually it’s more of an eating exercise with the odd drink or two for good measure as well) where we descend on some unsuspecting hut someone in the hills probably quite close by with the general idea to make some nice food not usually enjoyed on regular tramps.  In the past we have had pizza, scones, salmon bagels so don’t hesitate to use some imagination…..

The plan is to leave Wellington on Saturday at a time yet to be decided and returning on Sunday with about a 2 hour walk to the hut. The cost is likely to be $10 for travel unless you bring a car. You will then be put into food groups to plan your fest.  

So come along to the meeting to sign up and remember to state if you have any food issues (such as being a vege so that all the veges can be bunched together etc…:)

If you can’t make the meeting then email me asap so that you don’t miss out. In the past it’s usually a whole lot of fun.

Cheers!   

Alyn
    027 446 5275
    Alyn.Higgins@hospitalitynz.org.nz
    Filed under: , , ,
  •  20-04-2010, 12:17 PM 5169 in reply to 5167

Re: Gourmet Extravaganza!

Come along to the meeting tonight for some more info and a great Gourmet themed meeting night where we will hone our culinary skills

•  22-04-2010, 10:33 AM 5172 in reply to 5169

It is not too late to sign up - get on to Alyn as soon as you can if you are intrested.

Craig

•  23-04-2010, 3:31 PM 5175 in reply to 5172

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is heading in a bit later to Gourmet on Sat? I would be keen to catch a ride with anyone going later in the day. Please e-mail me: amelia.opie@gmail.com if you are a latie.

Amelia

View as RSS news feed in XML