Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

I'm back and wanna go skiing!

Last post 11-10-2008, 6:08 PM by Pascal. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-10-2008, 9:46 AM 3663

I'm back and wanna go skiing!

Hey guys,

Given i have missed the ski season up till now i am super keen to get up skiing as much as i can before the end of the season. I'm hoping to mainly get up for day missions mid week, so am looking for people who are keen. The weather looks pretty bad for the rest of the week, so probably not this week, but if people are keen for exam/work procrastination, let me know. I'll probably only be deciding to go the day before to try and make sure we get the aesome days up there, so would be good o know who are maybes for a trip.

So yeah reply to this or flick me an e if you are keen!

Craig

Craig Ryburn
    Filed under:
  •  02-10-2008, 2:28 PM 3668 in reply to 3663

Re: I'm back and wanna go skiing!

Definetely! All my ski and climbing buddies seem to be obsessed with this study thing for some reason! Can't understand it myself...

Can probably manage one or two days off work, depending on the day and what I have on. Looks like we 'might' get a high coming along end of next week, in which case I could be keen for a 3 day weekend (take friday or monday off) of climbing/skiing if anyone's keen!

Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
  •  02-10-2008, 11:04 PM 3672 in reply to 3668

Additionally, in case anyone needs any more convincing, I can get someone a cheap lift pass - there's a deal on for season pass holders to bring a friend for half price until next Friday (10th October). Convincing other people with season passes to come along (like Annabel for instance) would allow for more half price skiing (so that would make Annabel a bad person if she didn't come).

Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
  •  03-10-2008, 9:16 AM 3673 in reply to 3672

Yikes, I'm bad enough at procrastinating and distracting myself from this whole study business without any help!! I can't do next Friday, have to give a presentation (and hand in my dissertation!) but may be able to do Wednesday or Thursday, depending on whether I get some serious work done this weekend. And guess after that the half price thing stops....

Also don't forget you're meant to have filled out a form and sent it in BEFORE you go up the mountain to get the half price thing so does require some forward planning.

•  03-10-2008, 9:50 AM 3674 in reply to 3673

Man some people ... you have got to get your priorities straight - if you fail uni, then all it means is another year of cheaper season passes (we'll ignore the cost of going!). But yeah hopefully sometime mid-late next week looks good. And Kieran is entirely right - you season pass holders have an obligation to go, to get us non season pass holders cheap passes, or you are indeed bad people. I don't like the idea of forward planning tho, sounds like hard work.
    Craig Ryburn
  •  03-10-2008, 11:25 AM 3676 in reply to 3674

Or we could just quote their website at them - doesn't say anything about sending it in before hand:

How to get it

1. Fill in a form at Whakapapa or Turoa Customer Services.  Or even better.. SAVE TIME... by printing out the pdf form below and filling it in before you get here. 
    2. Both of you need to come to Customer Services at Whakapapa or Turoa to redeem the discount. The Season/5 Season/Life Pass holder must have their pass and their friend will need photo ID.

Adobe Acrobat Document Bring a friend form
    Adobe Acrobat Document: 36.7 KB, 5 seconds @ 56kbps

Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
  •  11-10-2008, 6:08 PM 3721 in reply to 3676

Hi all,

Skiing sounds interesting for me. Hm, I should learn for my exams...however, a day off from learning for skiing should be feasible. I am off from 14 Oct. on  for the next 8 days, as my exams start thereafter. I am pretty flexible to go up a day (maybe starting the evening before and staying the night up there). So let me know if you wanna go and have a place left. However, I am only willing to go up if the weather forecast is perfect (I know Ruapehu in cloudy conditions pretty well and not interested to experience it again).

Cheers,

Pascal

View as RSS news feed in XML