Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Uni holidays adventures....

Last post 08-08-2008, 12:39 PM by JFan. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  30-07-2008, 9:30 AM 3385

Uni holidays adventures....

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone's got any mad schemes up their sleeves for the upcoming uni holidays? There's various South Island adventures up on the calendar and is anyone actually keen for such expeditions? Or even just a trip closer to home? I'm keen to get away for a bit, but need to let work know what I'm doing!

Annabel

•  30-07-2008, 11:09 AM 3386 in reply to 3385

Re: Uni holidays adventures....

Heyo, yup, definitly scheeming. I'm going to takaka for a week or so. I have work to do on my place but would also like to do some climbing and exploring etc... would be keen to have a few people come to split travel costs.
    Jess Clark
  •  30-07-2008, 11:13 AM 3387 in reply to 3385

Hey,

Im keen to go down to the Darrens for the climbing meet and have a bed booked - so that is hopefully where I will be! But sadly this may not occur if my health keeps up it general trend. :(  So if that doens't happen I think I will be looking at a more restfull holiday. Maybe go some place to climb/lay in the sun and sleep or stay around wellington and get onto getting my reaearch closer to a publishable standerd and doing little trips when the weather is nice.

Terra :)

•  30-07-2008, 11:38 AM 3389 in reply to 3387

hey,

I dont know what I am doing yet but would also like to join a trip of somesort over the holidays \^_^/ 

•  30-07-2008, 11:46 AM 3390 in reply to 3389

It sounds like I hear the bells of carnage-o-clock chiming.

I would be most keen for a south island adventure that may or may not involve ropes and phrases such as we knocked the ba**tard off.

So yes...

Darrans *BING*

Aspiring NP *BING*

Cook NP *BING* (but probably too frekin cold)

Somewhere else snowy and steep *BING*

Could be all very exciting - most keen for something

Craig

•  30-07-2008, 1:20 PM 3391 in reply to 3385

snow shmow, its cold enough already! Just think, sun, lazy days in the sun, climbing ropes that are not frozen, tramping without frostbite, campfires, free seafood, and a movie theatre with couches! Now thats a holiday :p
    Jess Clark
  •  30-07-2008, 1:29 PM 3392 in reply to 3391

Haha I was just contemplating the same thing!!! Will I go and freeze my ass off in some really beautiful scenery, or will I wait a couple of months and work on my tan in some equally beautful scenery.
    Jason
    activnz@gmail.com
  •  30-07-2008, 2:23 PM 3393 in reply to 3392

nice thing about golden bay- its warm and beautiful even in the winter. gotta love it.
    Jess Clark
  •  30-07-2008, 2:34 PM 3394 in reply to 3393

i like the sound of that!
  •  31-07-2008, 9:13 AM 3399 in reply to 3394

Yay exciting holidays!! When abouts are you thinking of heading down to Takaka Jess? I guess I'm keen for something from maybe the Thursday of the first week through til that weekend, but do have to spend some time in Wellington I think or work and uni combined might suffocate me!!

Am also keen for something snowy, but don't have massive amounts of time up my sleeve I think to go too far away!

•  02-08-2008, 6:25 PM 3411 in reply to 3385

Whoops just realised you guys weren't talking about summer holidays!

Katherine Given, kgiven@xtra.co.nz
  •  03-08-2008, 10:28 AM 3412 in reply to 3399

annabel really, uni holidays are two splendid weeks long!

at this point i think i'll go for a week, maybe a week and a half depending on uni work. flexible about when i go at this stage, and happy to give people rides one way if they want to come for shorter/longer. theres a pretty cheep flight straight out of takaka once or twice a week these days, or a shuttle from takaka to nelson or the ferry.

also, trip just got better because i just got a huge tent off trademe! room for large parties and small elephants i think ;)

gonna be good times...

Jess Clark
  •  03-08-2008, 11:58 AM 3413 in reply to 3412

hey jess, i would be keen to head down with you if thats ok.  do you have any idea of how much it would be?  and also, where were you thinking of staying?

becky x 

•  04-08-2008, 8:55 AM 3415 in reply to 3412

I vote for the second week. And can we get a confirmation on this pretty quickly so I can apply for some leave :)
    Jason
    activnz@gmail.com
  •  04-08-2008, 4:41 PM 3418 in reply to 3415

Ok so I may have had my arm twisted and had a slight change of plans on the holidays front.... At the moment I'm heading up to Ruapehu from August 18-20 for some skiing then heading down south to do some climbing in the Kaikouras if the weather's good or else do some rambling if the weather's uncooperative in Richmond Forest Park from probably the 22nd til 25th. And then I'm coming home to do some serious uni work!!

If anyone's keen to join in with any of us on either of those plans, let me know, otherwise if you're thinking of Golden Bay that woulld be heaps of fun too (even if Jess does smell! BAD!!)

Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML