Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Chocolate Fondue

Last post 07-06-2007, 8:04 AM by sarah. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  23-05-2007, 4:18 PM 1168

Chocolate Fondue

Yes that's right people due to insanely hot demand, (and i'm not talking about the chillies and triple sec we added last time) we will be having another chocolate fondue night in the next few weeks. More details to follow soon. Me thinks Ollie and Andrea will be ecstatic at this announcement.

Chur to da Chur.

Filed under:
  •  23-05-2007, 8:24 PM 1177 in reply to 1168

Re: Chocolate Fondue

hurrah!!! this calls for double brown!!!

:)
  •  23-05-2007, 9:19 PM 1179 in reply to 1177

Devine stuff!

We could add some red wine, rum and oranges this time :)

Or Batida de Coco, or squeezed ginger...

•  26-05-2007, 2:36 PM 1190 in reply to 1168

hooray!!!! oh I'm getting excited already! I gotta make sure I can come to this one!
  •  28-05-2007, 11:14 AM 1192 in reply to 1190

Hi guys,

I love the idea, esp. chocolate, chilli, and gluhwien/spicymould wine!! how about in the Hutt on friday the 8th June?? It could be a bit dressy too with fun stuff all around?? Perhaps Timmy and flat wouldn't mind their place as venue?? Timmy would also have another reason for celebrating and I'll have all my study over so that'll be cool!

cheers,

Sa

•  28-05-2007, 4:43 PM 1198 in reply to 1192

nooooooo not the 8th of june..... i have a exam on the saturday morning (the 9th)!!!!! and another exam on monday afternoon!!!
  •  05-06-2007, 2:09 PM 1260 in reply to 1168

Chocolate Fondue on Thursday!!

Hey all,

I'm sure you've all being hanging out for this so how bout our place (the coolest flat in Brooklyn) this Thursday around 8? Note the two days warning Andrea and Olly, so plenty of time to drop all other commitments and run in a chocolate crazed beeline to our house! :)

So bring some chocolate, something to dip (fruit, marshmallows) and anything else you mite need - double brown, mulled wine, Feuerzangenbowle!

We might also watch a cool movie - Touching the Void was mentioned, or maybe Olly could bring a Monty Python (meaning of life or flying circus episode?)

Anyway it will be cool, so see you thursday!

Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
  •  06-06-2007, 11:16 AM 1265 in reply to 1260

Re: Chocolate Fondue on Thursday!!

Argh hell yes Thursday is a Capital O for awesome day to hold it, and please let it be either a monty python dvd or the big Lebowski, failing that Shaun of the dead (same people who made Hot fuzz) as I need to see a decent comedy. No no no double brown guys the tussock monster is just far too classy for that shite I think Mulled wine is what he will be ordering and boy what a brew we'll have for that.

Oh yum yum yum I'm already salivating at the thought of it, drools.

•  06-06-2007, 12:51 PM 1267 in reply to 1265

what?!  The tussock monster (implying a monster who dwells in tussock) is claiming to be too classy for Double Brown? 

wonders never cease....

•  06-06-2007, 1:24 PM 1268 in reply to 1267

since we are on the topic of movies, vaguely anyway...  i'm going to throw my two cents worth in and suggest scarfies.  i did have to explain to jess what a scarfie was the other day and i think her education on new zealand 'culture' needs to be continued.  
    but you know once i have turned into a marshmellow with a very full puku, i can't imagine i will care too much.  marshmellows probably want to watch ghostbusters anyway i would think.  
  •  06-06-2007, 5:07 PM 1275 in reply to 1268

Mite bring a short movie: "Dinner for one". Ca. 15min. Although in English (and recorded 40ish years ago in Great Britain) very popular in Germany. And damn funny.

Plot: Butler James is serving the opulent dinner for an old lady who is celebrating her 90th birthday. The four guests she used to invite died years ago. However, she continues with her habit to celebrate her birthday in the traditional way toasting to every guest, one after another. The butler, on the other hand, is gentleman enough to play this game and is toasting back, imitating every former guest. "The same procedure as every year, James." - Of cause he has to drink a lot... 4 times port with the soup, white wine with the fish, and so on. - As one can imagine, he is getting notably tipsy within the course of the meal... Possibly the right stuff for a drinking-/ tramping club feast.

•  06-06-2007, 8:15 PM 1278 in reply to 1275

hmmmm, i own scarfies, and would be keen.... but im not free till 9 on a thurs :(
  •  06-06-2007, 8:21 PM 1280 in reply to 1278

not being free till nine isn't really a problem, we probably won't start watching it till then anyway
    s
  •  06-06-2007, 8:25 PM 1281 in reply to 1280

oh good as. i might bowl up then and bring it with me.
  •  06-06-2007, 11:10 PM 1288 in reply to 1260

Re: Chocolate Fondue and Dress up!!

Hey it sounds like some people are making preparations for the weekend already so tomorrow night may involve a bit of a dress up by way of rehearsal!

Also a good chance for people to bring along any old dresses/tuxes or other girly/man stuff they don't want anymore (or at least don't care if they get er, dirty) - and we can do some swaps :) I think Annabel's after a top hat!

Should be plenty of stuff leftover from bushball, for those who retained their garments...

Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML