Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Free winter alpine instruction courses!!

Last post 23-05-2007, 4:13 PM by bernacles. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-05-2007, 12:17 PM 940

Free winter alpine instruction courses!!

heyhey all you alpine people out there!

I've just had an email from a dude who is running free alpine instruction courses this winter. They're aimed at people who have done a bit of snowcraft before and range from basic rope work to waterfall ice climbing and advanced pitch climbing. Although the courses themselves are free, you need your own gear (ice axe and crampons), transport and accommodation.

Anyway, drop me an email if you want to know more and I'll forward on the details.

Chur chur

Filed under: , , , ,
  •  07-05-2007, 7:09 PM 948 in reply to 940

Re: Free winter alpine instruction courses!!

hmmm, could be cool to check out, if you could forward me the details and see if it fits in with my insanely busy winter....

Ollie
  •  09-05-2007, 10:13 PM 959 in reply to 948

Hello,

I am very keen for the basic rope work and snow climbing work shop on July 14th and 15th and the Tukine Waterfall ice climbinng on August 11th. So if anyone else is planning on comming on these please tell me so we can work out travel arangements and such.

Thanks,

Terra

•  11-05-2007, 8:27 PM 964 in reply to 959

Hiya,

I'm potentially interested in the workshop and the climb. Can you flick me some more details on these two events please?

Cheers!

Sun

•  12-05-2007, 1:21 PM 969 in reply to 964

Hey guys if you are also keen for those courses and want more info, send me an email (beattianna@student.vuw.ac.nz) as my limited technical knowledge is not quite up to replying to people's posts with an attachment!

Cheers, Annabel

•  18-05-2007, 9:13 AM 1052 in reply to 940

Hey guys,

Glenn said he's been getting lots of interest in these courses so be in quick if you want to sign up!! Me and Mavis are planning on going on the 14-15 July one so should be good times!!

Glenn's also going to be doing the meeting on 5 June and telling us about his alpine escapades and all the snazzy gear he imports and sells for cheaper than what you get in the shops so put that in your diaries!

Cheers, Annabel

•  18-05-2007, 2:03 PM 1060 in reply to 1052

yeah, Glenns climbing shop/website is www.iclimb.co.nz and he does have some pretty snazzy alpine gear - time to stock up for mid winter tramping?
  •  23-05-2007, 4:11 PM 1166 in reply to 1060

And Ollie as you very well there is some very good quality gear going cheap as chips down at Fairydown on Cuba st. Oh I say a bit of shameless promotion doesn't hurt now does it. We need to do more bold publicity stunts such as this.
  •  23-05-2007, 4:13 PM 1167 in reply to 1166

Shite  I mean very well know must stop writing so fast.
View as RSS news feed in XML