Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Easter weekend.

Last post 20-03-2013, 3:17 PM by ManoelM. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-02-2013, 9:09 AM 6489

Easter weekend.

Hello tamping people.

I've got ferry tickets to South Island leaving here on 28/mar (6.25PM) and coming back on the 1st/Apr (10.25PM).

We have no plans just yet but it's good to have tickets beforehand . Plan is to hire a car down there as it's cheaper than crossing one. General costs can vary a bit depending on number of people but I would say it would be around $50-$70 (to cover car and petrol) plus ferry tickets.

Three spaces left in the car. So please contact me if you're keen to come so we can sort a plan that suits everybody.

desorder at gmail dot com

021 169 2007

Cheers.

•  04-02-2013, 10:30 AM 6490 in reply to 6489

Re: Easter weekend.

Also, a detail... ferry is interisland. :)

MM.

•  04-02-2013, 11:18 AM 6491 in reply to 6489

Two seats available. :)
  •  20-03-2013, 3:17 PM 6510 in reply to 6491

Hello all,

Things are falling in place...

Destination Kahurangi National Park and have a wander around Mt Owen Area. Ferry details can be found above and we now have 9 names down.

Plan is to drive up to the Roadend when we get there and overnight at the shelter. On Friday, we head to Granity Pass hut. On Saturday we wander around Mt. Owen and head to Branch creek hut. On Sunday we start to head back to the car. Monday is a leisure day back to the car, and driving back to Picton. We can stop in Bleheim on the way back for some coffee if we leave in a good time.

At this point, cost would be around $100 plus Ferry tickets. Costs include car hire, petrol, group food for dinners

Ferry tickets on the way back is still available and tickets going only in the next Ferry. If you prefer, You can try to fly down to Nelson and we can manage to pick you up on the way.

Contact details are also in one of the posts above.

Cheers people.

View as RSS news feed in XML