Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

End of year dinner

Last post 07-11-2011, 2:13 PM by Mae. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-11-2011, 3:26 PM 6143

End of year dinner

Hey VUWTC-er's

We are in the process of organising an end of year dinner. At this stage we're hoping to have it next Tuesday at the same time as we would have the meeting, (this way we'd be able to have normal club business such as the sign ups for the Mitre Peak trip next weekend). We will also be having the "Billy Awards" which include:

- Tramper of the year

- Most promising new member of the year

- Most Geographically embarrassed of the year

- Climber of the year

- Piker of the year

If you would like to come along please reply to this post ASAP or email me at theelusivemailbox@gmail.com so that we have an idea of numbers. Please try let me know by Saturday so that we can confirm a venue and let them know how many will be coming. Also say if you have any dietry requirements/are vegetarian etc.

Cheers

Mae

President 2012
  •  03-11-2011, 4:16 PM 6144 in reply to 6143

Re: End of year dinner

I'm nominating Rob and myself's efforts on the Libretto Range in Arthurs Pass.  I'm pretty sure we hadn't the foggiest where we were from the moment we left Faust until we got back below the cloud line.  Fortunately we had a spiritual guide in the form of a hare leading us the whole way.  That said when you compare this to the fact that DOC can't get the altitude of their huts right to any closer that 150m in that area then we probably did alright.
    Jason
    activnz@gmail.com
  •  07-11-2011, 11:15 AM 6145 in reply to 6143

Could I suggest you do this up as a Facebook invite (if you don't have time to, I'll try and do it at some point)? Not sure how many people regularly follow this forum (I'm on here quite often and only just saw it :(    )

Also, any ideas of where and cost?

But I'm keen, sign me up! 

Chur!

•  07-11-2011, 2:13 PM 6147 in reply to 6145

Chris, i've put it on the VUWTC facebook page, if you want to let people know another way feel free to :)

It will be at the Craftsman tomorrow at 7:30 (this is just across the road from the Welsh Dragon). Their website says that meals start at $10 and there is nothing over $23.

President 2012
View as RSS news feed in XML