Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Guy Fawkes at Palliser

Last post 24-10-2011, 2:33 PM by HarryW. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  24-10-2011, 2:33 PM 6131

Guy Fawkes at Palliser

Hi all,

Next weekend (5th-6th Nov) we will be having a Guy Fawkes celebration at Cape Palliser.

For those of you who have not been to Palliser before it's somewhat of a tramping club tradition and generally involves fire, beer and general tramping club antics of all forms.
    It's only a short walk from the roadend and there is a waterfall and stream to swim in, if the weather/sea allows it there is the opportunity of swimming in the sea/gathering paua.
    We shall be leaving on Saturday (usually this happens at various times with people arriving throughout the day).

I myself am quite busy with study at the moment so I will be heading out to Palliser some time just after lunchtime on Saturday and heading back to wellington earlyish Sunday, however I am sure that there will be people staying on to have a relaxed Sunday lounging about (hopefully) in the sun in case you want to come back later.

Reply here, or come to the meeting next Tuesday (Tuesday 1st November).

Please bring a tent if you have one, drinks, food and fireworks.

Come along the the meeting on Tuesday 1st Nov for more info and to organise transportation and food groups etc...

Cheers,
    Harry.

View as RSS news feed in XML