Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help

Kaweka's 4 - 6 June

•  30-05-2011, 3:52 PM

Kaweka's 4 - 6 June

Hi everyone,

This weekend in addition to the Mt Taranaki trip there will also be a trip to the Kaweka's.  This trip will be a medium plus trip, although depending on how many people are keen and whether extra cars are available we could potentially have several groups.

The plan is to drive up on Friday evening, getting group food on the way; camp at the road end (where there are hotpools)  Do a couple of solid (8 hourish) days on the Saturday and Sunday hopefully with some tops travel if the weather behaves and aim to make it down to some more hotpools for some cocktails/wine on Sunday evening.  On Monday we would have up to four hours of walking out to the car and then drive back to Wellington. 

Gear you will need for this trip is the standard tramping gear - as I'm keen to get onto the tops overtrouser, a decent jacket and gloves will be needed + your togs for the hot pools. Tramping boots (rather than sneakers) are highly recommended for this trip.

As the Kaweka's are about 5 hours drive away the cost of the trip will be about $35.  You will also need either a backcountry hut pass or to buy hut tickets (I will confirm the number you need when routes/groups are confirmed) for the huts we will stay at.

I'll be at the meeting tomorrow night for signups or you can email me on bethparkin@hotmail.com.

Beth

Secretary
    027 4697960 / bethparkin@hotmail.com
    Filed under: , , ,
View Complete Thread