Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help

Paynes Ford Sport Climbing, Golden Bay Easter Break

•  19-03-2010, 4:35 PM

Paynes Ford Sport Climbing, Golden Bay Easter Break

Hey,

This Easter mid term break we will go to Paynes Ford, the mecca of sport climbing in NZ, a veritable heaven of 3 star, steep limestone sport routes at every grade. This trip would suit anyone who came on rockcraft 1 to more experienced climbers. Im happy to teach people how to lead climb on the easy, well bolted walls there but in general it will be a climbing trip and not a purely instructional trip,

so if you want to go but have never climbed outside before (apart form rockcraft 1), come to fergs for a couple of wednesdays before, tell me, and we can learn the basics before we arrive :)

I will be in the Golden Bay on a field trip the first half of the break but probably wont beable to climb till the 10th, from then i will be around the saturday or sunday the 17th or 18th, for Uni on the 19th. 

Transport can be done a number of ways, for me i have a ride down with school but for anyoen else we can sort something else out, either a ferry and bus, plane, or ferry and hitch. I will probably aim to hitch back to picton on the last weekend. 

Craig is also running an unoffical trip over Easter which may suit better, check it out in the non- club trips section.

Gear will not be required, we will stay at Hangdog camp ground, last time i was there it was $6 per night, amazing place, $1 of that goes to the bolt fund :)

President 2011
    Filed under: , ,
View Complete Thread