Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help

Easter adventures

•  25-03-2007, 2:23 PM

Easter adventures

Hola!

I've had a few (hundred) people enquiring about what exactly the plans are for Easter so here is a brief spiel of said plans:

-originally (and according to the calendar) we were going to base ourselves at a Tongariro-ish location with people going climbing/tramping/doing nothing during the day then everyone amusing themselves in a big group in the evenings. This plan has kind of fallen through as the keen leader people are either on field trips, going to France, or having other adventures. Plus the planned destination, Mangatepopo Hut is a Great Walks hut at that time of year so beyond most people's price range for 4 nights.

-in light of this, and the fact that many of us haven't actually been doing that much actual tramping, I'm planning that we go on a tramp (how novel!!) I was thinking Kawekas (not just because we've been there the last few Easters) but also because there's hotpools and it's cool there.

So the current plan is heading to the Kawekas Thursday night, coming back Monday night and getting some quality tramping in! As with all club trips, there would be range of fitness levels and the like (I wouldn't be opposed to meandering up to the hot pools with some wine and spending the whole weekend there to be honest) so should be an excellent weekend!

If you're keen, I'll start a sign up sheet at the meeting this Tuesday, and if you can't make it there drop me an email on (beattianna@student.vuw.ac.nz) and I'll get some stuff organised!! If you are bitterly opposed to the idea of going to the Kawekas, let me know and maybe we can arrange another type of trip for that weekend too.

Chur chur

Filed under: , ,
View Complete Thread