Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help

Partner wanted: 24hr rogaine

•  20-05-2008, 1:07 PM

Partner wanted: 24hr rogaine

Hi there.  Calling all outdoors enthusiasts.  Here's an opportunity not to be missed.

This weekend is the NZ Rogaine champs, its up in Taupo.  My partner has pulled out sick so I'm stranded, no one to go to the dance with as it were... 29yo man seeking partner of either sex for long runs by moonlight... that sorta thing.

Anyway, more seriously:  If you are keen to have a crack at keeping on your feet for 24hrs, navigating through native bush, pine forest and farmland finding elusive controls, scoring points and seeking world domination then flick me an email (I think if you just do a private reply that finds me).

Some navigation experience and ambition preferred, but mainly just looking for willingness to do lots of running/walking and be happy at 3.30am in a pile of gorse and cow sh1t! 

We'll be driving up friday night, then after the race at this stage my plan is to sleep from say 2pm until about 3/4am and then drive back to Wgtn in time for work on monday morning.

cheers (don't all reply at once)

Oh I forgot to say - there is a cost to enter and it does appear steep on first read ($85) but you get all you can eat food afterwards, 2 nights camping and a once a year experience.   

Richie
View Complete Thread