Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help

Tararuas - Tops mission to the Aircraft Wreck

•  06-11-2007, 9:49 AM

Tararuas - Tops mission to the Aircraft Wreck

Hello Everyone

The summer calendar is now posted and packed full of exiting trips, parties and other adventures.

If you see something you are interested in, contact the organiser early – if they know there is interest early on the trip is a lot more likely to go.  

If you’re keen on something else, or something mid week that’s great as well.  Use the website and meeting nights to suggest alternatives and organise and if you need any help organising a trip or have any questions about trips, feel free to email me or catch me at a meeting.

Also before you go, make sure you have a contact person for the trip that knows where you are going, what you are doing and when you are due back.  This can be me if necessary or if not then someone else on the Club Committee.  And once you have been on a trip, make sure someone writes something up for Baa & Heels and then emails the tale to the publicity people Sarah or Steve.

So with all that in mind, first up on the summer calendar this weekend is a Tararua tramp onto the Jumbo tops to visit an old aircraft wreck, or find out what remains of it.  It’s likely that there will be a fitter trip to the wreck, as well as something less adventurous.  If the weather is good there will be great views of the Wairarapa and Kapiti from the tops.  It may also be possible for some to come out on Saturday night for those that want to go to Nicolai’s party.  The trip will be leaving Friday night 5.30-6 from the Hunter carpark.

So if you are interested then talk to me at tonight’s meeting or email Sarah with your fitness preference and if you have a car to help with transport.

Cheers

Alyn

Chief Guide

Alyn
    027 446 5275
    Alyn.Higgins@hospitalitynz.org.nz
    Filed under: ,
View Complete Thread