Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Christmas new year trip

Last post 26-12-2012, 10:15 PM by Pia. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-12-2012, 4:25 PM 6448

Christmas new year trip

Just putting out this message out to gauge some interest in some summer adventures and lazing about (possibly more the latter) after christmas through the new year

Who out there is interested in doing something.  Sort of on the suggestion list I have Northland, climbing in golden bay, climbing in Wanaka and the Catlins… Meow!

It you are keen for something, get in touch or we can have a chat at the Tuesday meeting

•  17-12-2012, 11:33 AM 6461 in reply to 6448

Re: Christmas new year trip

If anyone is keen, I am looking at putting the car on the ferry on the 26th and heading over to Paynes ford for rock climbing for a few days then probally head down to Wanaka for a few more.

So if you are up for some south island sun let me know

Craig

•  17-12-2012, 7:40 PM 6462 in reply to 6461

Hi Craig and all others!

I'm up for some Kahurangi (that's the 'Heaphy-Track Range')  adventures. - Preferably off the great walks, e.g Douglas Range, Arthur Range, Leslie-Karamea-Track... separate post to be written. That would be pretty close to Paynes Ford.

I can't join you guys on the 26th, because I'll be on Powell Hut till 28th, maybe I join you guys in Takaka/Paynes Ford.

Cheers, Achim

Filed under:
  •  21-12-2012, 10:08 AM 6468 in reply to 6462

Just to add a bit more to this.  The car is going on the ferry at 2am on the 27th of December.  We have 2 spaces left if you are keen.  This time of year the ferries are not a cheap affair so it will be $120 odd or less with 5 people.

From there we will head over to Payne’s ford and stay at Hangdog for a few days up to just after the new year.  There is great rock climbing there with a nice river / swimming hole. Beaches etc are not too far away either.  After the new year we will look at joining up with a couple of others down south and heading down for some more tramping and climbing. Might look at doing something in the Paparoas,  something around Jackosons bay or pass by castle hill thenmake our way to Wanaka for some more climbing or tramping.

So if you are keen to join let me know.  You don’t necessarily need to come across with us – you could meet us somewhere, there are flights and busses to golden bay – we can pick you up from golden bay international airport, likewise flights to Queenstown.

If you want to come across in the car - let me know ASAP so I can get you on the booking

Craig

•  26-12-2012, 10:15 PM 6471 in reply to 6468

Yep, the time has come, we're going down south tonight/early morning!! We're headed to Payne's Ford as a start...

Come join us for some climbing at Payen's Ford or tramping in the area of Takaka.

The tramping trip will head off the 29th - if Achim gets there, otherwise the 30th ;o) Where the tramping trip goes depends on who's there, the weather and fitness.

New Years Eve will probably be at The Mussel Inn, again things can change ;o)

Hope to see YOU down there Party!!!

Cheers and Merry Christmas,
    Pia

Gear custodian - 2012

022 074 2258
    p.skorstengaard@gmail.com
View as RSS news feed in XML