Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Climbage – Labour weekend

Last post 18-10-2007, 7:21 PM by craig. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-10-2007, 9:01 AM 2339

Climbage – Labour weekend

I think it is for a good old climbing trip to go away and labour weekend will provide 3 entire days of this splendour.  The plan would be heading to the marvellous Whanganui Bay (The Bay) on the southern end of lake Taupo.  Somewhere in the weekend, start or end we may try to do some climbing at Mangatapopo.  There is an assortment of climbing for all levels including wet weather, sitting in the hot pools down the road

The plan at this stage is a bit loose as I am gauging interest.  The trip is likely to consist of a fair amount of double brown and you don’t have to be an expert climber to come along and give it a go. Or in some case you may just drink double brown and forget to go climbing.

So if you are interested or can provide inspiration please let me know.

Craig Scott

•  11-10-2007, 10:59 AM 2340 in reply to 2339

Re: Climbage – Labour weekend

heh, i was about to post the exact same post :P

however i could be keen to check out some of the less traveled climbing destinations such as kinloch, mangaotaki, waitomo

check out www.freeclimb.co.nz for information about these wicked crags
  •  11-10-2007, 8:58 PM 2343 in reply to 2340

I had to check wikipedia to actually know what you're talking about. So it is the weekend 19-22 (including Friday and Monday), correct?

Going climbing sounds like an awesome idea. I'm in! 

•  15-10-2007, 10:06 AM 2350 in reply to 2343

probably will be heading up friday afternoon, coming back monday night, the weather at the moment is looking pretty perfect!
  •  17-10-2007, 10:48 AM 2366 in reply to 2350

Further to this climbage proposal, which of course is going to be fantastic.  I am aware there may be some people who have commitments on Saturday.  If you do there will be someone heading up on Saturday night so you can make climbage on Sunday / Monday.  It will be awesome

Please send me an email if you are keen for any sort of climbing over Labour weekend

Craig

•  17-10-2007, 8:49 PM 2368 in reply to 2366

sorry for the thread hijack, but what's the story with wednesday climbing at fergs.  I was there from 6-630 today, and couldn't see anyone.  Is an irregular kind of thing, or is that too early, or.....

Cheers

Joe

•  17-10-2007, 10:10 PM 2370 in reply to 2368

Sorry I'm usually there every Wednesday but had something else on this time - and probably quite a lot of people busy studying at the moment! Will try to go next Wednesday and put up a post if I remember. When we do go its usually from around 5-5.30 to 7ish (often followed by the pub).

See you round! 

Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
  •  18-10-2007, 7:21 PM 2374 in reply to 2370

If you are keen to come this weekend, it is not too late.  But you need to let me know by tommorow afternoon

For flexability (if you can't do the whole weekend)

• We have someone leaving from Wellington on Saturday afternoon
    • We have someone coming back to Wellington for Sunday night

So there is no excuse!! Come climbing! Or double brown drinking for Saturday night!

Craig Scott

View as RSS news feed in XML