Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Bushball Drinks/Cocktails!

Last post 17-05-2007, 10:12 PM by Kieran. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  15-05-2007, 11:50 PM 996

Bushball Drinks/Cocktails!

This is such an important topic it probably deserves a whole thread to itself! So far we seem to have:

• Nicolai's Feuerzangenbowle! "some weird / bloody good (German) stuff; basically hot wine, spices, orange, rum and caramelized sugar - or alternatively hot rum, wine,…" See link.
    • I still have some Grenadine left and will probably invest in a bottle of Tequila and some orange juice - so if you want Tequila Sunrises (or shots!) then bring along a couple of bucks to contribute to that.
    • Craig R is possibly organising some cocktail(s) for people who want to pay a bit and go in on a few fancy drinks!
    Nicolai, let me know if there's anything you want me to bring for your concoction, otherwise I'll bring some cash to contribute. And if anyone else wants to do some drink-pooling (as opposed to car pooling) post your replies here...

Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
  •  16-05-2007, 6:27 AM 997 in reply to 996

Re: Bushball Drinks/Cocktails!

I'll bring a donation towards some of Nicolai's german beverage!
    Filed under: ,
  •  17-05-2007, 11:20 AM 1016 in reply to 996

Hey Kieran,

I'll be contributing to Nicolai's Feuerzangenbowle.

Scott

•  17-05-2007, 12:52 PM 1020 in reply to 1016

Hi Kieran,

I'm keen to go in on Nicolai's feuer stuff...mmm sounds yummy! I think this is kinda like Birnie's mixture we stired up last year at chocolate fondue nights, only perhaps sweeter!  

:o)

Sarah 

•  17-05-2007, 1:05 PM 1021 in reply to 1020

Sober Bush Ball anyone?? I am looking for people keen to join me in spicy hot chocolates, fizzy and juice and other mouth-watering (non-alcholic) drinks. Just think about how good you will feel in the morning and how much fun you will have laughing at eveyone elses drunken antics then telling them about them the next day...

P.S I have not had a spiritual apiphiny I am just trying to wack of a mono relapse and don't feel like being bed-riden for a month!

•  17-05-2007, 5:49 PM 1037 in reply to 1021

The DOSE makes the poison!

No one talked about coma-drinking ;-)

Cheers (or santé [health] as the French say).

•  17-05-2007, 5:57 PM 1039 in reply to 1037

Hey Kieran (and Jenny and Scott),

Thanks for offering to contribute to the hot drink of the day! Yeah, would be cool to have some more bottles of wine (as I can't lug all the stuff to the hut by myself) and some more oranges would be good, as well!

We also need a large billy...say 5l minimum. I assume that everyone has got a cup handy. 

Cheers,

Nicolai

•  17-05-2007, 8:29 PM 1043 in reply to 1039

Hi Guys,

I've got a couple of plans too. Thinking of buying some booze to make a serious cocktail concotion. I went to this place in Belgium over the holidays which gave me a few very cool ideas, plus anyone who has heard me speak of the attitude adjustor (that i had in Venice - seems to be an international theme here!) will know that if your attitude needs adjusting this is the very thing! No promises on exact makeup of cocktails - depends how rich i'm feeling - but one thing is for sure, they'll be high in booze! Unfortunately i aint able to sponsor you all (double brown is ok occasionally but spirits really hurt the bank!), so bring along a bit of coin if you want to indulge.

Craig

Craig Ryburn
  •  17-05-2007, 10:12 PM 1047 in reply to 1039

Ok I'll try and chuck in a bottle of red wine and some oranges - will make sure someone grabs a big billy and a burner too. Looking forward to it!

Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
    Filed under:
View as RSS news feed in XML