Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Bushball!!!

Last post 10-06-2007, 5:26 PM by photocam. 35 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (36 items)   1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-05-2007, 8:54 PM 961

Bushball!!!

Hey all you party animals!

Just in case you were unaware, Bushball (the social highlight of the year!!!) is taking place next weekend! More details will be up on the website in the next few days and at the meeting next Tuesday but make sure you keep the weekend free for the biggest party the bush has ever seen! We've got a formal theme this year so make sure you dust off all those glad rags ready to show the possums what we're made of!

Filed under: ,
  •  14-05-2007, 4:54 PM 978 in reply to 961

Re: Bushball!!!

Feuerzangenbowle!!!

Exactly: Bushball is coming up - and the chilly season, as well! 6°C in Wellington last night! F…ing freezing! Therefore some hot stuff would be appropriate I suppose… The answer is: Feuerzangenbowle!

What the heck…? - That is some weird / bloody good (German) stuff; basically hot wine, spices, orange, rum and caramelized sugar - or alternatively hot rum, wine,… Sounds good, aye?

Usually, people tend have it around Xmas / New Year’s Eve when it’s cold on the northern hemisphere. But when I was in tropical Colombia a couple of years ago (30°C  - at night!) it was big fun, too ;-)

4 Persons are usually happy with:

2 bottles of red wine (not necessarily the stuff from the bottom shelf at the supermarket)

4 oranges,

1 sugar cone,

5 cl > 53vol.% rum (poured over the sugar cone, then ignited to melt the sugar and for the atmosphere!!! Nice blue flames…)

cloves & cinnamom (aniseed, cardamom, ginger)

South Americans know a similar thing called “canelazo” with raw cane sugar and Aguardiente… Creativity is unlimited.

And the really sweet thing: No one has to drive, cycle or walk back home that night!

What d’ya think?

Cheers   *hicks*

Nicolai

•  14-05-2007, 7:50 PM 980 in reply to 978

Hey Nicolai,

Your Feuerwhat'sit sounds good.  I'll chip in and help consume.

Scotty

•  14-05-2007, 10:20 PM 983 in reply to 980

Aye, sounds stunning! perhaps literally, but anything you can set fire to and then drink sounds like my kind of beverage! Count me in :)

Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
  •  14-05-2007, 10:26 PM 984 in reply to 961

Hey, was wondering if anyone has a MP3 disc player that they are willing to take on bushball? ( I don't mean an ipod, I mean a discman that can play mp3 format cd's).

Sammy Roo
    Filed under: ,
  •  15-05-2007, 6:46 AM 986 in reply to 984

Nicolai your amazing concoction sounds like what we used to drink in Swedish winters - but ours had a somewhat less poetic name: glögg!

I'd be keen to contribute and partake in anything remotely warming! :)

Filed under:
  •  15-05-2007, 7:32 AM 987 in reply to 984

I have a portable CD player that says MP3 on it. that work? would need some batteries though...
    Jess Clark
    Filed under: , ,
  •  15-05-2007, 9:28 AM 988 in reply to 987

We could really do with a portable CD / MP3 player (discman) with a mains adaptor as batteries seem to conk out several times a night.  I have an mains adaptor that tends to fit Sony devices (4.5 V)  So if anyone can help the cause, Please can you let me know, it would be much appreciated. 

As far a music at Bushball goes feel free to bring some along.  I would however recommend putting you favourites onto an CD rather than bringing the originals.   Scotty is also preparing a wicked mix of party music that is coming in on his Ipod

It will be awesome

Craig Scott

•  15-05-2007, 12:24 PM 990 in reply to 988

I'll see if I can find my mp3 cd player, will bring a power adapter also.

It's old and backlit, so ideal for the task.

\o\

\o/

/o/

•  15-05-2007, 12:32 PM 991 in reply to 990

That would be fantastic I take it that it has the standard 3.5mm headphone out socket? Does it have a line out also? 

Thanks Dale

•  15-05-2007, 12:54 PM 992 in reply to 991

Yep, it has both. Both 3.5mm
  •  15-05-2007, 5:13 PM 993 in reply to 988

great, I'm making up a few mp3 cd's too, which are sure to include some Michele Jackson and funky dance numbers to make people boogie-woogie-doodle-all-the-day (or night as the case may be)

Sammy Roo
  •  15-05-2007, 7:02 PM 994 in reply to 993

Hi guys, I can't make it to the meeting tonight so I am hoping someone can add me to the mailing list for the event or perhaps tell me where and when to meet people and perhaps what to bring.

I can also bring my mp3 cd player as backup or use it to hijack the stereo.

•  16-05-2007, 6:29 AM 998 in reply to 994

Yeah I didn't get to the meeting either - some of my mates are keen to come, so I need to tell them when and where we're going! Also I might be able to sweet-talk my dad into letting me use our van/car for transport
    Filed under:
  •  16-05-2007, 11:58 AM 1004 in reply to 998

Hey guys, the details are up on the NEWS page if you need more info
Page 1 of 3 (36 items)   1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML