Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help

Bush Ball this weekend!

•  14-05-2012, 10:16 PM

Bush Ball this weekend!

Important things you need to know for bushball:

•  Buy a ticket at the meeting (tickets are $10)
    • Turn up on Saturday at 12pm at the Hunter Carpark (tickets also available on the day at the carpark)
    • Bring your own tent if you have it, the club will provide some tents but it may not be enough.
    • You can still come even if you don't have all of the 'proper' gear (e.g. gaiters) but you will still need a pack and a sleeping bag
    • Organise your own food by yourself or with your friends, we won't be stopping at the supermarket
    • The walk is about 2 hours to Smiths Creek Shelter
    • Bring some money to give to your driver
    • Bring a car to the Hunter Carpark on Saturday if you have one.

If we have more people than cars we will organise shuttles.

Some FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Question

Is bush ball is going ahead rain/gales or shine?

Answer

Yes! Bushball will happen rain shine snow hail!! It is a short walk and we are setting up plenty of shelter around the hut.  We are pitching up several large industrial awnings.  The weather forecast this weekend is for SUN!

Question

Can I bring friends even if they are not club members?

Answer

Yes! Bushball is open to absolutely everyone and the more people the better! Bring your friends and flatmates!

Question

I haven’t signed up can I still come?

Answer

Yes! No need to sign up for this trip, just turn up at the Hunter Car park at 12pm on Saturday and buy a ticket from Mae. Bushball is different from a regular club trip, there are no sign up forms, just turn up and it will be all good.  If you have a car bring it along to help us out with transport.

Question

Do I need to bring my own alcohol?

Answer

YES! Bushball is BYO! The ticket price goes into covering our costs such as generator hire. Any excess money we have will be used to buy some beverages for drink stops on the way.

Any questions? Ask us.

President 2012
    Filed under:
View Complete Thread