Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help

Field assistant needed

•  18-12-2008, 9:20 AM

Field assistant needed

Kia ora whanau

If any one is keen to spend some time on an island paradise in January with maybe a little field work on the side then I've got the place for you! I need some help with my field work from Jan 11 to 23. If you can't come for the whole time, then I can arrange a swap over in the middle.

I'm going to record hatching times of sooty shearwater chicks on Long Island. All the hard work has been done already. We just have to hang out and wait for them to do their business. Which will mean a lot of swimming and sunbathing while we wait. The island is surrounded by a marine reserve so there's plenty of fish to see.

We camp at the north end and provided all goes to plan, we'll hopefully be staying out there non stop until all the eggs have hatched. I can cover all expenses except food. We'll be walking to the south end to collect water so there's even some 'tramping' involved!

It's a pretty cool place to stay. We had kiwi around our tent last time and there's an abundance of birds and lizards everywhere. A once in a lifetime opportunity!

If you're keen, flick me an email. You won't regret it!

Amelia
View Complete Thread