Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help

I love New Zealand

•  26-09-2008, 12:45 AM

I love New Zealand

I love New Zealand. It's such a wonderfully diverse and compact country that we can go from rugged snowy mountain peaks, to lush bush, remote rivers, sandy beaches and then stop off for a handle at the local on the way home all in a day.

Now I'm a proud Southern lad through and through, as I've no doubt I've let many of you know. I love New Zealand, but for me the South is home and there is no beating the Milford highway, Preservation Inlet, the view from Roy Peak, the Crown Range, new Years in Queenstown / Wanaka / Hawea, Jacksons Bay, the Waitoto River mouth, University of Otago campus, State Highway 6, Lake Monowai.

However I'm a reasonable sort of chap. So much so that I'm willing to give you all the chance to convince me otherwise. So in February I'm going to leave you all for a while on my bike and see what this North Island of yours has to offer. I'm giving you the chance to put forward your absolute must see destinations to sway my thoughts. So what are your favourite camp sites? Which towns are the best for an idle latte? What beaches always come to mind when you think of long summer days? Which views bring a tear to your eye every time you see them? What makes you proud to be a kiwi?

Destinations, views, campsites etc that measure up will earn the first person to suggest them a prize of sorts. These could range from beer, chocolate, hugs, free trips, eternal gratitude, gorgeous photos and the simple but always effective "Thank you" and more...

So post away here, or email me if you prefer to keep your special places quiet. Thanks all for helping me to plan a really great trip.

A few people have mentioned they may be keen to join me on some legs of the trip. If you think you might be keen let me know along with either the dates you're free or the parts of the Island you would like to see.
    Jason
    activnz@gmail.com
View Complete Thread