Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help

Anyone Ski Touring this uni holidays?

•  10-08-2008, 7:27 PM

Anyone Ski Touring this uni holidays?

Hi all,

I am looking for people who might be interested to do a ski touring trip during the coming uni holidays. As I have lots of work for uni, I wouldn't go longer than 2 or 3 days. It could be anytime between 18th and 31st of August. I was thinking about Taranaki, Ruapehu or Nelson Lakes NP (or other spots). But there are some major challenges before doing such a trip:
    -I have boots, poles, avalanche transceiver etc. but NO SKIS (there are back in Europe). Would anyone have a pair of ski touring skis? Or I would have to find a place where to rent ski touring skis and skins.                                                                                                                               -I have no car                                                                                                                                                                                                   -I am foreigner and don't know well the ski touring locations here in NZ

However, if anyone is keen, please let me know. It would be fun to do such a trip. I like tramping a lot, but I just love a lot more to hike up a mountain and instead of struggling to hike down a steep track, to enjoy my ride through the snow back to the valley.

Cheers,

Pascal. 

View Complete Thread