Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Summit Luncheon-hosted by AUTC

Last post 13-10-2008, 8:30 PM by Jason. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  13-10-2008, 8:00 PM 3735

Summit Luncheon-hosted by AUTC

Hi All,

Auckland University Tramping Club would like to cordially invite you to join us on our annual summit luncheon.

Summit Luncheon will be held on the coming Labour weekend-25th-26th-27th of October. If the weather is bad (fingers crossed it won't be)...we will hold it after exams are finished.

So what happens at a summit luncheon?

We head down to Ruapehu then tramp up to the summit plateau, bringing with us our finest ball gowns, suits, deck chair, croquet and cricket gear. Then we play various 'silly games' and compete for the prestigious Nigel Grove memorial cup.

If you are interested in coming along, email me, Jane Dudley for more details; ' ); document.write( addy_text21433 ); document.write( '' ); //-->\n kiwianakiwi@hotmail.com

You do need to have the appropriate alpine experience and all the proper alpine gear as well :-)

•  13-10-2008, 8:30 PM 3736 in reply to 3735

Re: Summit Luncheon-hosted by AUTC

Thanks for your invite Jane.

This sounds like a bit of fun and a great inter-club event. Unfortunately I'm not going to be around to organise a trip up. I know it's a longer weekend so people may have more ambitious plans in mind but it would be good to send a VUWTC contingent up. Anyone keen to organise this?

Jason
    activnz@gmail.com
View as RSS news feed in XML