Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Rockcraft I

Last post 24-03-2007, 6:51 AM by stevec. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  22-03-2007, 8:53 AM 351

Rockcraft I

Hey everyone, this is just a big bulk email to check if everyone is still keen, if you are, email me back!

The plan is to meet at the Hunter car park at 10am on Saturday. From there we will shove you in cars. We have JUST enough seats if everyone turns up and if everyone who said they can bring a car brings a car. If you know of someone who is coming but did not sign up, you have to tell me! or they might not get a seat in a car

We then head out to Baring head. (If you are driving a car and dont know where this is, either text me on 027 331 9999, email me, or better yet, ask kate who will be organising people at the car park because i am hopeless with directions)

You will be getting back into town at about 4-4:30, in time for everyone to go home and get ready for the party that night!! More information about the party see PARTY!!

you will need to bring along:

-$5 for your driver
    -water/lunch (will drag a BBQ around there so will be able to cook stuff, also might start a bonfire) -warm clothes and JACKET (it is really really exposed around there) -climbing shoes (if you dont have any, the club has some that you might fit...) -sports shoes/running shoes/whatever you call them - its a 20 minute walk to the climbing and if we cant find you any climbing shoes you will have to climb in these -sunscreen -camera

The weather is looking nice and sunny for once so should be good times sitting round on the beach or climbing stuff!

See you all there!

Ollie

•  22-03-2007, 9:57 AM 352 in reply to 351

Re: Rockcraft I

if kate is in charge of directions, not sure if anyone will get there....

anyway, other beachy fun type devices are always a good idea too for after you have worn yourself out climbing and can be especially entertaining if its windy (frisbees, soccer balls etc).

It will be awesome fun anyway, see you all saturday!

•  22-03-2007, 10:07 AM 353 in reply to 352

Kate, you are NOT bringing your frisbee... others can, but kate cant. that thing ought to be banned.

there has been talk of starting drinking early, getting a head start on the others going to the party. This seems like a great idea. (just no abseiling without harnesses this time please?)

and if if you read this instead of checking you emails, be sure to still reply saying you are coming - either to this or email me on tuohyoliv@student.vuw.ac.nz
  •  22-03-2007, 12:52 PM 364 in reply to 351

coming!

indeed, start drinking early sounds like a pretty good idea ... 

•  23-03-2007, 4:48 PM 383 in reply to 364

Has anyone brough their dog along to trips? i was thinking of maybe bringing my cute wee friendly lovely dog along and she just loves going to the beach. I'll make sure shes supervised at all times as well and will be on a leash
  •  24-03-2007, 6:51 AM 391 in reply to 353

I agree no frisbee for kate, especially as b. head is close to the sea andit might get w.....
    http://sustainableideas.info/
View as RSS news feed in XML