Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Kapiti Island

Last post 04-05-2007, 12:53 PM by Sarah Miller. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  19-04-2007, 9:03 PM 812

Kapiti Island

Hi All

Kapiti Island trip is coming up soon on May 6th.  
    Trip is one day over to the island, looking around at a really cool island, which has been made preditor free and hence has lots of birds ie takahe, which are rather hard to find otherwise (being only about 500 of them)
    should be a really interesting trip.  
    Anyway, let me know if you are interested
    Sarah
    Filed under: ,
  •  02-05-2007, 2:34 PM 925 in reply to 812

Re: Kapiti Island

hey
    for all those who wanted signed up yesterday, but didn't have permits, apparently they are now all sold out.  so if you don't have one now its not going to happen.  
    greg and jen, your emails bounced, but if you want to get hold of me to tell me you have a permit, click on send a private message from this post.  
    on the plus side we now have three cars, so only a few of us will need to get the train out.  
    cool
    Sarah
  •  02-05-2007, 9:38 PM 927 in reply to 925

Hey all
    just to add confusion...
    for those who signed up last week, i have your permits, so you are on the trip.  
    Sarah
  •  04-05-2007, 12:30 PM 935 in reply to 812

I didn't get an e-mail yet so I don't really know what's goin on: When and where do we meet on sunday and who/what will decide if we take a train or have a place in a car?
    cheers
    Gesine
  •  04-05-2007, 12:46 PM 937 in reply to 935

Hey All

We do now have enough transport, so meeting point is hunter car park
    at 7.30am (now eight) on Sunday morning. Please get there on time as we have a
    boat to catch.

The Boat costs $35 per person, so if you have not already paid for
    this, bring the money with you.

Also bring good footwear, lunch, water, a jacket and warm clothes
    etc.

Boat leaves Kapiti at 3pm.

Should a really good day.

See you there.

Sarah:)
  •  04-05-2007, 12:53 PM 938 in reply to 937

actually, i've just booked the boat, and the 9am sailing is full, so we are going at 9.30.  This means an extra half hours sleep in, so meet at hunter car park at eight. 

Also, I'm going to ring in at seven to double check the boat is still sailing, as it is dependent on conditions.  If you haven't given me a contact number please email it to me so i can contact you if we aren't sailing.  (please don't email me at my work address as I won't be able to check it)

Cheers,

Sarah

View as RSS news feed in XML