Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

South Island New Year with VUWTC

Last post 18-12-2012, 11:29 PM by achim. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  18-12-2012, 11:29 PM 6466

South Island New Year with VUWTC

Hi there!

I'm keen on spending some time in the Kahurangi-Ranges, which are quite close to Wellington - just over the Cook Strait (if things were so easy...). As I'll be busy in the Tararuas (see there) I'll be heading over at the 28th (night) and hitch hike in to Paynes Ford (4km south of Takaka).

Once I got my backpack full of food I'll be heading off to the Douglas Range/Cobb Valley area, aiming for a 5day tramp starting at the 30th of December. Depending on the group I want to do something on the level of the (well known) Tavers-Sabine-Circuit + more demanding side trips/alternatives. We will sort that out on the 29th in Paynes Ford.

Pia and Craig are going to Paynes Ford from Wellington on the 26th(-ish), so I f you want get a lift, get in contact with them (see post).
    Dom, Ivan and Paul S are down at Nelson Lakes doing the Travers-Sabine-Circuit, they are likely to come over.

Cheers, Achim

(Other activities:
    South Island: once we are done with the Kahurangis, some might head further south, some people head down to Castle Hill straight away...
    North Island: There will be some Tararua-tramping with Andrew between Xmas and New Year and a trip to boundary stream close to Napier with Christian M. - watch out for posts.)

View as RSS news feed in XML