Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Golden Bay over New Years..... It would be rude not to

Last post 21-12-2011, 12:49 PM by craig. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-12-2011, 8:30 PM 6168

Golden Bay over New Years..... It would be rude not to

New Years will be at Golden Bay!  We will be camping at Hang Dog, just out of Takaka.  Craig will be taking a car across the strait on boxing day, so let him know if you want a ride.  The main theme of the trip is climbing, but if you are not a climber, don't let that put you off.  We can teach you to climb and if you don't want to climb, there are also so many other things to do in Golden Bay - Farewell Spit, the beach day walks....  Not everyone will be climbing all the time. 

Hang Dog fills up in summer fast, so get there as soon as you can after Christmas.  Camping there is $10 per night and we will need tents, so if you don't have one, let me know.

Let me know if you are keen.

Mike

michael.instone@hotmail.com
  •  19-12-2011, 3:55 PM 6184 in reply to 6168

Re: Golden Bay over New Years..... It would be rude not to

Hello all,

So we are just going to get the final details sorted for this golden bay trip and get some ferry bookings.  At this stage we will be looking at an late sailing on the 26th or an early sailing on the 27th returning the 4th ish of January

If you are keen on coming let me know as soon as possible.  You will also need to front up with cash to get your place in a car.

Craig

•  21-12-2011, 12:49 PM 6187 in reply to 6184

Re: Golden Bay over New Years..... It would be rude not to

Final calls for this. Let me know today or early tommorow
View as RSS news feed in XML