Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

BUSH BALL-Tickets on sale this Tuesday meeting. $10

Last post 26-05-2009, 8:11 AM by craig. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  27-04-2009, 4:59 PM 4295

BUSH BALL-Tickets on sale this Tuesday meeting. $10

The VUWTC Bush Ball is coming up in less than three weeks.

Its an annual club event and a massive one at that. Everyone will be there. A fantastic party in the bush! Music lights dancing and partying all out in the forest. All are welcome. Come along to the Tuesday meeting at the student union building 7.30pm to find out more and to buy tickets.

Venue: Raukawa Lodge - The Orongorongo Valley. (Same as last years place)hut mapbig map

Date  Saturday 23rd of May 2009

Time  Saturday late afternoon till Sunday morning.

Drinks: BYO drinks.

Bring:  It's a bush ball so its formal theme- so bring in a shirt and tie, or a dress/gown. As well as this bring your normal tramping gear: warm clothes, bedroll, plate and cutlery, a cup rain jacket and snacks and breakfast

Accomodation - the actual hut is used for partying all night! So bring a tent (if you plan to sleep), or if you dont have one perhaps talk to Craig Scot about a club Fly.

Tickets $10  

Transport:  On Saturday afternoon (1.30pm ish) people will meet at Hunter carpark (some with cars). So turn up get in a car and pay your driver some money for the petrol. Its just a 45 min drive to catchpool valley. People can stop on the way to get liquor and dinner food.  Then walk into the party venue (approx 1 hour - 1hour 30min).

How to get there:

Drive out to Wainuiomata (over a hill from Petone), then go straight ahead right through Wainuiomata and continue 12km down the Coast Road. The turn off to the catchpool car park is on the left. (You will see a DOC sign. and then a gate) Drive to the end of the car park road to a carpark.

Walk along the Orongorongo track to Orongorongo river (Doc says its 2 hours - expect it to take 1 - 1.5 hours). There is a map on the nice arched bridge you cross just before the main river showing where Raukawa lodge is. Raukawa lodge is just accross the Orongorongo river and slightly down stream (200m - 10 min walk).

Note the car park gate is locked at DUSK. (5pm) so arriving before then is a good idea.

Track map

Further infomation will be presented at the next few tramping club meetings and placed here on the website.

Tickets will be on sale at the next few tramping club meetings.

Note the ticket price covers the venue hire, generator and fuel, lighting etc and includes a Keg and punch and some party food. However it's bring your own dinner and drinks, as sometimes the keg and punch go fast....

Hut map

Filed under: , , , ,
  •  08-05-2009, 2:10 PM 4326 in reply to 4295

Re: BUSH BALL-Tickets on sale this Tuesday meeting. $10

In hopes of further encouraging a gender war I have to say that the poster Ben has provided is sexist. See that while the girl is all dressed up to the nines and poor man is carrying a massive pack in full tramping garb. I can only assume that the poor fellow is under some false illusion that males are supposed to do the heavy lifting.

Well nay say I! I vote that this year the girls carry in the generator, stereo, keg, punch and BBQ!

Jason
    activnz@gmail.com
  •  08-05-2009, 3:25 PM 4327 in reply to 4326

Where's the poster?

•  08-05-2009, 3:33 PM 4328 in reply to 4327

the vuwtc home page

or here:

poster

•  16-05-2009, 1:38 PM 4352 in reply to 4295

Re: BUSH BALL-Meeting time

Meet at Hunter Car Park at 1.30pm Saturday 23rd May.

There will be people with cars there and someone with a gear shed key.

Bring some money for ya drivers petrol.

Drive out to Wainuiomata (45 min drive) agrab food and drink on the way.

Walk in to bush ball along the Orongorongo track.(1.5 hours)

Remember the gate to the car park road shuts at 5pm-6pm ish.

Party

•  18-05-2009, 2:21 PM 4356 in reply to 4326

Well nay say I! I vote that this year the girls carry in the generator, stereo, keg, punch and BBQ!

you're such a geltleman, Jason.

Sammy Roo
  •  20-05-2009, 9:33 PM 4363 in reply to 4352

Can I get another ticket?

Katie

•  20-05-2009, 9:38 PM 4364 in reply to 4363

Certainly. Just bring along everyone who is keen on Saturday. Tickets will be available at the Hunter carpark before leaving to bushball.

Jason
    activnz@gmail.com
  •  25-05-2009, 12:10 PM 4370 in reply to 4364

I have gear that I carried out from Bushball and I am missing a red fleece.   I will try and bring it on Tuesday but I have a meeting at work that starts at 7.30pm so I probably won't be able to return gear till 8.30pm and would prefer to meet up in town.  Text or email me if that will work for you.  Thanks katie 0273109344 or flossyourhair@yahoo.co.nz

•  25-05-2009, 12:33 PM 4371 in reply to 4370

Re: BUSH BALL lost and found this tuesday

Tomorrow night at the meeting we will be doing a lost and found. 

• Everyone bring gear that is not theirs
    • We will do a lost and found
    • People will get back all their stuff

If you have gear and can’t make it the meeting could you please reply to this post.  I will try to pick it up from you and get it to the meeting.  There is a bit of lost gear floating around.  Some of it is club gear but much of it is personal gear that went into the making of bush ball happen like lights cords plugs etc.  The owners of this gear really really want it back.

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend, I had a fantastic time.  Obviously there was a bit of dampness and a large d tour required on Sunday but it made for an interesting time.  A really big thank you needs to go to some people who made this event happen.

So a big thanks to

Andrew Watson for organising the whole thing

Jason Murray for gluing it together and helping out

+ the team or merry helpers who carried stuff in on Saturday 

Jeremy Haines and Amelia Geary for sorting out our wet weather route out on Sunday and getting transport jacked up.

See you all on Tuesday

Craig

•  25-05-2009, 3:10 PM 4375 in reply to 4371

I have a nocando drink bottle I will bring along as well as some rather wet jandles amonst other things that I found in my van.   Also found a 10kg rock in the back this morning.  No idea how that got there!     Jeremy............:)

•  26-05-2009, 8:11 AM 4379 in reply to 4375

Hey all,  if you would like to upload some photos onto the club website from the weekend's epic event there is a album...

http://vuwtc.org.nz/cs/photos/bb2009/default.aspx

Craig

View as RSS news feed in XML